Meeting Notes - Aug 1
From UCSB English Department Knowledge Base
- categories added
- one minor change: changed "Term" from having separate quarter & year categories to having "quarter year" categories
- extensions not yet uploaded - working on today
- found locked items on current EDKB - need to institute protected category right away.
- drafted intro - will put it up on the site
- sent email out to collect info from other instructors
- working on logo
- been in touch with Andrea; she'll look at the site this week and will get back to us
- we should make she and the other TA trainer bureaucrats ASAP
- Ben - Sheridan Blau; something that may be useful would be to work with Sheridan to develop "How-to" pages
- email interview or pulling excerpts from his book - audience = beginning instructor
- Ben happy to get into touch with him
- dept site tend to only affect administrative structure - let's look for ways to move beyond that
- everyone come up with 3 - 5 questions and post them in the wiki
- Content Migration
- Ryan - contacts page, Engl 150, 101, 102, 117E
- Ben - TA Handbook, English 15, English 124, 105A, Second Quals
- Kim - English 10s, English 192,
- Marthine - English 10s, 193, Writing 2, 152
- we need the passwords for the current resources on the EDKB
- Each person will be resp. for contacting recent instructors for new materials; each person also has editorial privileges to decide on what should be migrated from the old site
- we'll each go through our respective courses and make a list a list of who has taught them in the last three years; post to wiki and we can evaluate the overlap;
- once some things are migrated, let's have a consultation with the staff to find out what type of resources added to the wiki that might help them - open sections, book order forms, etc.
- FAQ page - Kim will set up the page and work with staff on content;
- meet with English Club; possible space for them to maintain themselves;
- Alan will talk to Bill about an Alumni section of the wiki
- can we change the page title?
- can we add an additional user group that can read but not edit?
Next Meeting - Monday, August 6th at 5pm in SH 2509